Mumbai, March 13 : A Forum for Social and Political Rights of Sindhis has been formed under the Presidentship of Former Union Law Minister Ram Jethmalani to redress the grievances of the Sindhi community brethren and take cognizance of discriminatory policies and actions of government detrimental to the interests of Sindhis.
At the 12th International Sindhi Sammelan of Sindhis held in Mumbai on 28th, 29th and 30th December, 2005 almost unanimous consensus developed that a committee be brought into existence, which can interact with Sindhis the world over inbetween Sammelans, and help in resolving problems, settling disputes, receiving suggestions and making suitable response to advance the cultural, social and political rights of Sindhis spread all over the world. The organizers of the Sammelan publicly promised that this suggestion will be treated as a mandate and complied with.
The Forum also aims to preserve Sindhi culture, including its language and script and its secular attitude and conduct, besides encouraging artists, writers and intellectuals.
The Forum will also ensure to fulfill all the tasks and agenda laid down by the International Sindhi Sammelans held every year and will act as a catalyst to secure political, social and economic justice to the Sindhi community.
The office bearers of the Forum are Ram Jethmalani President, Ram Buxani Vice-President, Ram Jawhrani Executive Chairman, Ranjit Butani Vice-Chairman and Chander Manghnani Treasurer.
Members of the Executive Committee are Suresh Keswani, Niranjan Hiranandani and Chandru Raheja (India), Prem Lalvani and Gope Gidwani (USA), Kartar Lalvani and Raj Daswani (UK), Mohan Chainani (Spain), Notan Tolani (Hong Kong) and Haru Mahtani (Indonesia).
Every one is free to communicate and interact with the Forum and its office bearers and on our part we promise prompt response and action.
The working office of the Forum will be at New Delhi and in Mumbai as stated below :
1) 2, Akbar Road,
New Delhi 110 011.
Tel. Nos. : 23792287 / 23794651
2) 2, Bhagat CHS, Plot No. 417/B,
14th Road, Bandra (W),
Mumbai 400 050.
Tel. Nos. : 26008629 / 56217500
Sindhishaan is pleased to inform its readers that in line with the suggestion made in the editorial Vol-4 Issue-4 and the unanimous demand by the Sammelan delegates, action has been taken on this issue and a Forum brought into existence with the following aims and objectives.
Forum for Social and Political Rights of Sindhis :
01. To secure economic, social and political justice wherever it is denied to the Sindhi Community.
02. To take cognizance of any discriminatory policies and actions of government and public authorities detrimental to the interests of Sindhis or significant sections thereof.
03. To preserve Sindhi culture, including its language and script and its secular attitudes and conduct.
04. To devise methods and projects for encouraging and assisting artists, writers, intellectuals and the younger generation of the community.
05. To promote continuous contact and interaction and organize regional and international meetings whenever feasible.